Our common customer is using Favrit, a revolutionary mobile ordering and payment system as their point-of-sale (POS) system.
Transactions from guests
The guest opens the menu and makes purchases trough Favrit's systems. We have multiple payments methods, some where Favrit receives the money directly, some where it's posted to a payment processor's account.
After payment, a guest can request a receipt to be sent to an email address. Guests can also contact the customer or Favrit Support, to get a copy of it.
Customers also perform refunds trough admin.favrit.com.
Each payment provider might take a fee for the transaction, which are deducted from the payout directly.
- Read about our payment methods.
- Learn about Favrit's payout policy (Vipps and Dintero)
- Learn more about receipts.
Reports, product groups and VAT
Favrit's system provide several different reports that can be used for end-of-shift reporting by the waiter, for managers and for accounting. Different reports specify things like VAT breakdown, payment methods breakdown, fee/tips amounts and products sold.
We also have support for product groups, a way to link a menu item to an account number in your ledger, and decide VAT rates.
- Learn all about our reports here.
- Learn about product groups here.
- Learn more about VAT here.
- Read our disclaimer about accounting and tax advice.
Integration between Favrit and accounting software
Favrit offers an a once-a-day export from our system to the following accounting software systems: Fiken, Fortnox, PowerOffice Go, 24SevenOffice, Tripletex, Visma eAccounting and Xledger.
Invoice for license fees, transactions fees and hardware
According to the agreement you have with Favrit, you will be invoiced monthly for license and transactions fees. If you purchased hardware trough Favrit, this will also be added.
- Read more about invoices and what to do if you need to change something.
- Read more about hardware purchasing, delivery and ownership.
Getting access to admin.favrit.com
As an accountant or auditor, you might want to get access to admin.favrit.com to view reports. Favrit Support won't give out access, nor reports, without access.
- Let your customer contact Favrit Support with the email address that should have the access.
In Norway, Favrit is a cashier system with product declaration according to Norwegian law's Cash Register Systems Act and the Cash Register Systems Regulation.
- Read our declaration here.
- We also have some guidance on the relation to product information and alcohol law.
Browse around on our support pages to learn more about Favrit. You are also welcome to contact us whenever you need to get help: Favrit Support.